This is the main conference in the UK offering an annual forum for academics to present their research on developments in computational mechanics. Young researchers are particularly encouraged to take part.
ACME Meeting 5-6 April, 2011
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
Each year a different UK University holds the event. The aim is to report on a wide range of research activities in the areas of nonlinear deformable solids and structures, fluid flow, bio, geo and thermo-chemical numerical analysis.
Previous conferences have proved to be successful technical meetings, with their relative informality contributing to extensive discussion and the presentation of new concepts and ongoing research. They are particularly useful events for drawing together people from different disciplines, and providing young researchers with opportunities for presenting their work.
2011 Annual Meeting
The 2011 annual meeting of ACME will take place at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh on 5-6 April 2011.
Conferences Past, Present & Future
- 1993: University College of Swansea, Wales
- 1994: Manchester University
- 1995: Oxford University
- 1996: Glasgow University
- 1997: Imperial College, University of London
- 1998: Exeter University
- 1999: Durham University
- 2000: Greenwich University
- 2001: Birmingham University
- 2002: University of Wales, Swansea
- 2003: University of Strathclyde
- 2004: University of Wales, Cardiff
- 2005: Sheffield University
- 2006: Queen’s University Belfast
- 2007: University of Glasgow
- 2008: University of Newcastle
- 2009: University of Nottingham
- 2010: University of Southampton